Getting ready for your baby who’s about to arrive soon? Have you started the ultimate countdown? Well, don’t hold your breath just yet because you’ll have plenty to do in the meantime!
Leading up to your due date, you’re gonna have a lot running through your mind. Finding the right products to help you along your pregnancy can be quite the chore.
Don’t worry, we’re here with the ultimate list of pregnancy must haves that will help you out along the journey!
Needless to say, every pregnancy and every woman is different - Something that you may swear by, may not work for someone else. That’s the beauty of this whole process; finding out what works best for you and creating memories while doing it!
This list will help point you in the right direction and lead you to success in finding some things that you can’t live without for the entirety or remainder of your pregnancy journey.
1) Prenatal Vitamins
Every woman has heard the wonders of prenatal vitamins, and for good reason! Prenatal vitamins are good for both women who are pregnant and trying to get pregnant. These supplements contain daily vitamins and minerals that are essential to your body when you’re carrying a baby.
Taking 400mcg of folic acid every day during your pregnancy helps to lower the risk of complications in your baby’s brain. It also helps prevent birth defects that typically happen within the first few weeks of your pregnancy, even before finding out that you’re pregnant.
As a soon-to-be mother, you’re going to be making plenty of adjustments during your pregnancy, like strengthening your diet, avoiding certain foods, and just taking better care of our body. Even considering all this extra precaution you’re taking, you may fall short of some of the key nutrients that you need. That is the main benefit of prenatal vitamins - it gives you the minerals that your body needs to fight abnormalities and severe birth defects.
This one will hopefully ease your mind and help you enjoy your pregnancy journey - New wardrobe!
After you get pregnant, experiencing some body changes is going to be inevitable. For the next nine months, you are going to need to learn how to deal with your everchanging pregnancy outfits. As time passes, so will the clothing you’ll be buying and wearing. Adapting to maternity fashion can be hectic, so try to enjoy it and use these tips that’ll keep you stylish and fashionably pregnant!
- Buy sparingly: Your body is going to keep changing throughout your pregnancy, which means you’ll be going through clothing faster than you think! Try to buy for the long haul so you don’t need to visit the mall and splurge on clothing that you won’t be able to wear after a while - This will make life easier for you and your pocket! Maternity clothes can be quite costly so it’s a good idea to purchase clothing that you need, and that will be long lasting.
- Look inside your current closet: I know that pregnancy is a perfect excuse to go out and buy a whole new wardrobe, but you may have some clothes that are baby bump friendly in your existing wardrobe. Even if it isn’t maternity clothing, you can find pieces that’ll help you save money and give you more options. If you want to hide that initial baby bump, try looking for a skirt that you can pull higher up on your waist to give you some more coverage.
- Stick to comfy clothes: Your greatest desire is going to be staying as comfortable as possible. Loose clothing like shirt dresses, maxi dresses, sports bras, and button ups will be your new best friend. You’re going to be going through pregnancy discomforts already, so the last thing you need is an outfit that’ll make you that much more uncomfortable.
3) New Go-to Products
Your pregnancy is going to be filled with a lot of love, adventure, and also a lot of unknown. It’ll be those little things that’ll keep you going throughout the day and keep you sane. Whether it be something that helps you maintain a healthy pregnancy or something that’ll simply make your life easier, we’re here to help you find the perfect products for you.
- Fetal doppler: Hearing your baby’s heartbeat for the first time is going to be an incredible milestone for you and your baby. A fetal doppler is a handheld device that uses ultrasound technology to detect a fetal heartbeat while the baby is still in the womb. This monitor will give you a peace of mind and also allow you to connect with your baby before they are even born. You can get a Neeva Baby Fetal Heartbeat Doppler for as little as $59.95, tax included.
- Soft toothbrush: Thanks to pregnancy hormones, many pregnant women experience bleeding and swelling in their gums. A softer toothbrush is a good addition to keep your pearlies looking white, while also minimizing any discomfort.
- UV Sanitizer: An ultraviolet sanitizer is a light disinfectant that kills microorganisms so that it cannot reproduce within its host. It’s extremely useful to keep all your products clean and safe for your baby. You can get a Neeva Baby Sanitizer for $145.95, tax included.
- Pregnancy journal: This is an amazing journey that you’re on! The time is going to escape you so quickly and you’re going to want to document all the memories that you create. Looking back at the journal in the future (even with your child) will bring back all the nostalgia and exciting experiences.